I'm very behind on my blogging so I am playing catch up. Meghan, I'm getting caught up because of you so thank you for the reminder I do love blogging and think it is a great way to record our family histories as well as our thoughts and feelings. I took this photo on September 11th. When I woke up that morning and saw all the flags the scouts had put out, I'm embarrassed to say, it took be a minute to remember why. Then I remembered it was September 11th. This is probably the most historical event I have ever been alive to remember. I've heard those who were alive talk about what they were doing when they heard the news of JFK's assassination, and I totally recall the exact moment I heard of the events of that day. I was on my way to school, for the last year of nursing school I commuted to BYU from Bountiful and I was just at the point of the mountain when I heard about the events on the radio. The first thing I did was call Jeremy. He ran downstairs and started watching the news. I will always remember that day. I'm grateful to live in a country which values freedom and human rights and will fight to preserve there own as well as those who cannot fight for themselves. I am grateful to all service men and women and love our beautiful flag and will fly mine proudly. The American flag will always mean freedom to me, and I hope I will always remember that freedom comes with a great price.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Patriots Day
I'm very behind on my blogging so I am playing catch up. Meghan, I'm getting caught up because of you so thank you for the reminder I do love blogging and think it is a great way to record our family histories as well as our thoughts and feelings. I took this photo on September 11th. When I woke up that morning and saw all the flags the scouts had put out, I'm embarrassed to say, it took be a minute to remember why. Then I remembered it was September 11th. This is probably the most historical event I have ever been alive to remember. I've heard those who were alive talk about what they were doing when they heard the news of JFK's assassination, and I totally recall the exact moment I heard of the events of that day. I was on my way to school, for the last year of nursing school I commuted to BYU from Bountiful and I was just at the point of the mountain when I heard about the events on the radio. The first thing I did was call Jeremy. He ran downstairs and started watching the news. I will always remember that day. I'm grateful to live in a country which values freedom and human rights and will fight to preserve there own as well as those who cannot fight for themselves. I am grateful to all service men and women and love our beautiful flag and will fly mine proudly. The American flag will always mean freedom to me, and I hope I will always remember that freedom comes with a great price.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I also remember that day vividly. I am thankful for this country no matter our faults. I love to see the flag fly.
Beautiful picture and I am very proud to be an American.
Post a Comment