
This is a darling book which points out the importance of manners. Manners count and I think they count more than we sometimes realize. The guy who learns good manners is miles ahead of the one who doesn't. As the saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
I've recently come to the conclusion, if you think you can you can, and if you think you can't this will also be true. I knew this as a child but somewhere in my adult life I forget this. So we try to chant at our house, "I think I can, I think I can."
Life is full of so many things to be experienced. Some not so fun others are great. I love this book and think it teaches a great truth about life.
This was one of my favorite books as a child. I am still amazed at the human body and the amazing systems of checks and balances that make it all work. This reminds me it is important to take care of the body I've been given.
I found this one at Barnes and Noble and it has quickly become maybe my all time favorite. "You need the belief of childhood, the do of youth, and the experience of age." I'm a big dreamer. Sometimes as adults we quit doing this and it is really too bad because you have to dream it before it can be achieved. I'm sure the first person who stated they wanted to go to the moon was thought of as a lonney, but you never know.
I love all of the Value books, this is one of my favorites. Mostly for the same reasons as Dreams.
I like this one cause it toots my own horn. Mom's are great. Peter Pan says: "What makes mother all that they are? You might as well ask what makes a star?" I like this line because that is really how I feel about my mom and motherhood in general.
This is Green Eggs and ham, it is a well loved book at our house and no longer has a cover. I like this because so often in life we don't want to try anything new or venture out. How often would we experience something we loved if we would only be open to a new experience. "Luck favors the prepared mind." --Louis Pasteur I think part of that preparation is having an open mind.
3 comments:
I have been meaning to do this exact blog. I love children's books. Maybe that is why I love reading to my kids so much. I'm often reading to myself as much as I am reading to them. Good blog!
Good blog. I am very glad that our parents taught us to love reading. I need to be better.
I love some of these same books and have never heard of others. Guess I'm going to head to the library and maybe the bookstore. :) Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment