Tuesday, July 15, 2008

One on One

Lexie on the 4th I could not get her to look or quit touching her face.

Today I am reminded of the importance of spending one on one time with our children. Lexie has been hobbling around or crawling rather than putting pressure on her right foot since Sunday morning, so we finally relented and took her in to see Dr. Doug. My mom watched my other kids and I was able to go with just Lexie. She was a delight; darling in every way.

They found nothing on the x-ray, which did not surprise me, it just seems when you finally decide to go in that is when you hit the turning point and you could have skipped the whole thing.

As soon as we picked up the other kids, the bickering and whining started again. We all needed a nap. I am happy to report after naps all has been well and Andrew and Lexie have been playing very well together, jumping on pillows which they say are water slides.

The trip to the doctor with just Lexie was nice and a good reminder to me of the importance of one on one time with each child.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

It really is important and a good reminder. Thanks! Lexie is beautiful.

Jessica O. said...

I agree it is important to have one on one. There is no competing for attention and they are a delight. You should video Lexie hobbling because it is pretty cute!