Saturday, July 5, 2008

"Old Glory"

I have always loved the 4th of July. I'm not sure why we always go to the parade as it is no longer floats, just vehicles driving by. We had fun and I think next year maybe we'll enter an actual float. Although a float would be far more work than I'm sure I realize, but then all the kids could ride on it, and I'm sure it is more fun to be in the parade than watch the parade. I did the fun run in the morning and it is apparent how out of shape I am. We didn't make it clear to the fireworks, the kids and I were too exhausted. I was a little sad cause oh how I love fireworks.
I wanted to say how I love this country and and so grateful to live here. The United States truly is the land of opportunity and privilege. How thankful I am to live here, and how I appreciate the men and women in all the branches of the service who work to preserve our freedoms. I love this land and all patriotic songs. I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!! GOD BLESS THE USA!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

The worst float in the history of floats would be better than any old truck pulling a boat or trailer and driving by. We really are lucky to live in this land. I missed you guys on the 4th.

Jerry said...

Great job Kim. The 4th is a grat holday. Ialso love our country. Thanks for coming to the cookout. I love your kids.

Gooches said...

you make me laugh! i was reading some of your previous blogs and they made my miserable night here in L&D! p.s. am i not good enough to be on your friend list?