Monday, July 21, 2008

Annie Banannie


Isn't she a doll. I love her. She has been a delightful easy baby. I hope it continues. She gets so excited to seem me and flails her arms and legs, then throws herself at me. She is ten months and the time is flying by. No teeth yet; she is walking along the furniture. She loves her brother, he makes her laugh. I so grateful to have her in our family. I love you Anna.
My little Anna reminded me of the importance of laughter today. I was holding her pushing her legs up by her face and she would giggle giggle. I have always loved to laugh and as a child I knew how to laugh a lot. Somewhere as I got older I guess I started taking myself to seriously or something and I don't seem to laugh as I did as a child. I'm sure part of this is just what happens as we become adults, but how unfortunate. This week, I'm going to try to laugh hard every day about something.
I think laughter can be euphoric. I remember one day after a long day at work I came home with a terrible headache. I sat on the couch with Andrew and Lexie and we started cackling. Cackling is what you do when there is nothing particularly funny to laugh at, so you start cackling; but once you all start the real laughter is sure to follow. By the time we were done, maybe 10 or 15 minutes later, I no longer had a headache, and it was a doozy of a headache. So I think if I researched the benefits of laughter they would be much more far reaching than I realize. See you later I'm going to go cackle with Andrew and Lexie and maybe it will help them to quit fighting.

3 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Do you know where you learned to cackle? MOM!

Heather said...

She is beautiful Kim. And in this picture, she looks just like you.

Nicole said...

Can you say cackling Kathy? I remember how you have always loved to laugh. I think of you and Nat and Nat has the BEST laugh. What a great thing to remember.