Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Is that what I look like?
I'm making up for lost time. Two in one day. Have you ever seen anyone out and about and wondered, do I look like that? Well Monday this is exactly what happened to me. We were running errands and I saw this lady in the parking lot. She was wearing an old navy t-shirt, which I happen to have, cargo shorts, and flip flops. Now don't get me wrong she didn't look bad or anything the outfit just didn't really have much style. It was fine for a hot summer day, and what I pretty much wear on a regular basis. I took a second look and decided I need to put more effort into my outfits, or as my friend Stacie introduced me to the phrase, is this an outfit or a garb? This is what her Mom use to say. She would also say, "I try to put myself together every morning, even if I'm planning on working in the yard. It makes me feel like I'm not poor." Not that she was poor or anything, but I think she has a point. I often delay getting ready for the day in my to do list is a long list of cleaning or yard work. I've decided I would be better off if I put a little more effort into my appearance earlier in the day, I think my day would start off better and I would probably be more productive. As my friend Holly at work said the other day, "People, really do you even look in the mirror before you leave the house?" I've decided I really don't want to be one of those people. I've been scouring the online stores for some "outfits" so I can quit wearing garbs all the time. Garbs definitely have there place but I no longer want my entire wardrobe to be garbs. Wish me luck and if anyone would like to nominate me for What Not To Wear, maybe we could split the cash? Thanks Nicole and Jess for being my inspiration to attain more style.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
First, I love your new background. Second, you are always beautiful. Third, I think this sounded like a great excuse for new stuff. As a heads up, I have had some good luck with overstock.com
I totally agree. I have been feeling that same way lately. I REALLY need some new cute clothes that have personality to them instead of my plain shade shirts that I just throw on with everything these days. I think i'm on the the same mission as you so let me know if you find some good deals!
I often have those same moments. Looking your best always makes you feel better even if everything else is in the crapper.
OK, I know what you mean about the whole "garb" thing. Sometimes getting all "dressed up" takes just too much effort. You are lucky you are just so cute no matter how you dress.
I have never been to cherry hill. I want to take my 10 year old there this summer. We should go together!!!
You are crazy because you always look great. Again, I am jealous of you trip to Cherry Hill (love that place).
Kim you can get Jess to nominate both of us and they can do a sister special. Jerry Seinfield asked how hard is it to get up and shower. It's not very.
Post a Comment