Sunday, March 30, 2008

"All Things Girly"

If there is anything which describes my little Lexie, it is definitely "all things girly." I'm not sure where she gets it from, as there are times I certainly wish I were a bit more girly. Her features are girly; I think even as a tiny baby, when you aren't sure if the baby is a "he" or "she" and you find yourself checking the color of clothing or for a bow, or are asking the parents, "What's the name?" as you mumble over the he or she part, even then, Lexie looked gilry. She has beautiful eyelashes. She has always had mannerisms which are unmistakeably the mark of a little lady, which I call her at times, hoping she will one day grow into a lovely lady (I'm still hoping this will occur for me, but I guess it is a life long process.) She stands with her little hip sticking out and her hand on it. She loves shoes, and has since around 18 months; she had a pair of black patent leather shoes she always wanted to wear. People warn me to watch out for when she gets older, that girls are harder than boys but I'm so glad I have Lexie and grateful she has a sister. I have two sisters and can't imagine going through life without them. There is a special bond between sisters and I look forward to watching this develop between Anna and Lexie. Lexie has more fashion sense at two, than I do at twenty-eight, she must get this from her aunt Jessica a quality I must admit I'm envious of. Although, luckily since I don't have it, I have a sister to help me with it. She likes having her hair fixed, and I like doing it. I look at all the little girls hair at church to come up with new ideas of how to do it. She has a bracelet she got for Christmas, we just pulled out a few weeks ago and it hasn't left her wrist since. I have a feeling it will be there until it breaks. So I think I've made my point that Lexie encompasses all things girly, and I wouldn't change her. I hope she will always be sugar and spice and everything nice, since that's what little girls are made of. I love you Lexie!

Don't worry though, she's not so prissy she can't ride her tractor in her Easter dress. What a gal!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Well I looked at your blog earlier tonight and then had to go before I totally finished and now since I couldn't sleep I thought I would come look and had a whole new article to read. Lexie is definately a little lady. It is very fun to see here and the new things she is doing. I love her.

Jessica O. said...

Lexie is a doll. We love her and that she is so girly. She has always held her hands just like a lady. She is also lucky to have a sister I love you and Nicole and don't know how people survive without sisters.

Maranda said...

She is a girly girl. So cute!

The Buckley's said...

What a cute freakin family!!!!!!! I found your blog off of Holly's and I was so happy to see it was yours! My little Lauryn is just like that and I think it is sooo cute. But she is so rough sometimes too. Ill find her wrestling her cousins in her princess dress or something like that. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list of friends!

Jen said...

Lexie is such a little sweetie. Don't underestimate yourself, I think she gets more of her girliness from you then you think. Your family is so beautiful.

Jer + Lu said...

So precious!! Could I borrow her for awhile?!