Yesterday my dad called me while I was at work. It was a slow day so I had a minute that I could talk. He proceeds to tell me that Matt had invited him to Thanksgiving at our house this year, and he was accepting the invite. I was very excited about this, as I have never hosted Thanksgiving at my house with my family. I've had it at my house with in-laws, and with friends when I lived in Texas, but never with the family I grew up in. I love Thanksgiving, the history, the food, and family. I really enjoy cooking so this should be fun!
The second part of the conversation was, my dad asking, "so do you have any secrets?"
This is code for, "are you pregnant." The answer is no, but thank you for asking and I guess I'll be switching to diet soda.
Apparently at the family party on Sunday there was a debate as to if I may or my not be pregnant. So my dad was the one to find out. Really, you should never ask if someone is pregnant if you don't already know the answer. No one likes that question unless they get to answer yes. So, no I am not pregnant, and I guess I won't be wearing that sweater dress anymore, and that's a bummer cause I just bought it and thought it was cute. My family makes me laugh and I love that we are close, and that my dad feels like he can ask if I have any secrets to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Aw, you still make me laugh. Where the sweater dress, drink the diet soda and maybe in another year or so you WILL have a secret to share...!
Ha! I like Laura's comment! Miss ya!
Your dad is never shy to ask about anything he wants to know! Enjoy Thanksgiving at your house. It will be awesome, I'm sure!
Oh Big Jer, when will you ever learn what is appropriate to ask a lady?!! Funny man. Its hard when skinny sticks have an extra bite of mashed potatoes at dinner...shows up instantly! Those of us packing a little extra already can hide it better. Where did you get the sweater dress? It sounds darling!
Dads just seem to know stuff....
Post a Comment