Friday, December 17, 2010
Day 17: 30 Days of Gratitude... the phone call
So there is this gal in my Ward; she moved in about the same time as me. She is very social and bubbly and fun. She is also beautiful, she kinda looks like Angelina Jolie. She calls and checks in on me periodically. She checked on me when I was here with the kids and Jeremy was in Texas; she called while I was in Texas to check on us... She continues to call and check in with me now. Just checking to see how I'm doing, if I need any help, if I'm lonely. She is sincere, and genuine. I could learn lots from Tammie. She called me tonight to let me know she was thinking of me. She was worried about how was going to get everything ready for Christmas, cause she is worried about what she needs to get done and she has a partner to help. She offered to come help me wrap gifts next week on Monday or Tuesday evening, whichever is better for me. This is the mother of two, who works full time and has plenty of things of her own to do. I'm continually amazed at how many Christlike individuals are blessing my life. I'm so thankful for my many blessings and especially the example of people like Tammie. Something to shoot for in my own life, stepping outside myself to help someone else. So hopefully next time I have the thought, "I should call so and so," hopefully I will. Sometimes it is just that simple and that impactful on the other end of the line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It s surprising how much of an impact the small things have.
Kimma, I love Tammie! She was our favorite nicu nurse. Seriously the best! Tell her hello for me.
The phone is one of the greatest inventions ever.
Good friends make life even better!
Post a Comment