Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 15: 30 Days of Gratitude... The Cleverly's

I'm not sure how to pay a proper tribute to this family, but I'll try. I know the phrase of you really learn to love someone when you serve them, must be true as I truly feel the love this family has for me and mine. I don't know how I got so lucky as to have them in my corner but I am so grateful I do.
The Cleverly's live kitty corner to me. From the time I moved into this house I have had a special relationship with them. It started with Meghan. She was ten when we moved in, in late fall of 2006. Megahn and I would chat lots outside, she would play with my kids. I didn't meet Shauna till the following spring. She was on bedrest with twins and then had bran new twins in January of 2007. I remember the first time I met her. I was outside and she pulled up in her van and introduced herself. The rest is history, we have been fast friends since. I've got her back on her chocolate chip needs, chocolate chips are a staple item at my house, and I buy the good kind. So anytime she found herself baking and was low she knew she could call the Wards. She pretty much has my back on everything else. I guess this is a bit of a one sided relationship, I hope to right this one day. Shauna takes my Andrew everyday before and after school until I get home from work and then has all of my kids every Wednesday. When she originally called and told me of said plan, I was overcome with relief and joy and having my childcare issues resolved. She had also found somewhere (her amazing mother-in-law) for girls to go for the rest of the week. Talk about a friend whose got you covered.
The rest of the family is equally as amazing. I remember Easter of 2009 I was in Utah with the kiddos as Jeremy had headed to Texas a few months before we all went down. I found an Easter Lilly on my porch that morning, with a sweet anonymous card. Upon asking Shauna if it was from her, she informed me it was from Michael her sweet and incredibly smart husband. This was one of those gestures in my life that came at a time I needed it and I know I will never forget it.
I consider Megahn a close friend and am not sure why as a ten year old girl she decided to like me but she did. I'm so glad. We've roller bladed together, she came over and showed me how to roll crescent rolls the other night.
Marta the youngest who is almost 4, is my girls best playmate. I love that they enjoy playing together and am so happy this family is a part of my life. My girls get so excited on Wednesday mornings and will Say, "Yeah it's a Shauna day!"
The boys are all have there great qualities too. Kaleb reminds me so much of his dad. He is smart and loves to read. You've also gotta love the bow tie he wears to church each week. Jacob is the sport lover in the family and is often seen wearing a Jazz jersey. Andrew is the leader of the pack my Andrew rides to school with and I'm grateful my little guy has someone looking out for him. I also love to teas Andrew about possibly marrying my Lexie one day. I know he secretly loves this. Ethan has wormed his way into my heart. His mother is often telling me of his antics and it reminds me of my Andrew. Plus he always want to say hi to me on the phone.
I'm not sure how I got so lucky, but I'm so grateful for this amazing family. They are raising wonderful children whom I admire. I'm hoping to get to heaven through my association with the Cleverly's. I know the Lord answers prayers most often through people, and I'm so grateful they were receptive and open to being an answer to mine. I love you dearly. On Day 15 cheers to the Cleverly's!

2 comments:

Heather said...

The tears are a-flowin. Is it the Van Halen or the post? J/K. I feel like I should send flowers to the Cleverlys for taking such good care of you. Amazing.

Jessica O. said...

They are amazing. I think it is once in a lifetime to have this kind of friendship. You are lucky. I know you also bless their lives as well. Thank you Shauna for taking care of my sweet sister!