Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Augment?

So awhile back my sister suggested I do a blog on boob jobs. I sorta resisted the idea. I've spent a little time in a plastic surgeons office the last month so I've learned a bit about the topic. At one point in my life I would have considered one who has breast augmentation surgery a bit on the shallow side. Luckily it's a women's perrogiative to change her mind. As I've gotten older, had a few kids, nursed a couple babies, the whole idea of enhancing the body a bit doesn't seem like such a bad idea. To those of you who are still skeptical have you ever been swimming and had a child ask if you are a boy or girl?

This is a real life experience of mine, and this was before the havvock of having children... so don't judge...
For those of us who are not well endowed, shopping for swimsuits, bras, dresses, and any sort of fitted blouse is a bit, well I guess annoying is the best word cause come on this is on the shallower side of things. But in all sincerety we do all sorts of things to make our appearances more pleasing to ourselves: color our hair, workout, choosing flattering clothing, whiten our teeth, wear make up, accessorize, etc.... So if it will make you feel better about you, I'm all for augmentation. Plus I honestly believe there is a correlation in how we feel about our appearance and how we carry ourselves. When I feel like I'm having a cute day, I think I have a better attitude about life in general. This doesen't mean we should focus all our efforts on appearance. I'm a strong beliver in pretty is as pretty does. If you act ugly one day it will catch up to you and you might actually be ugly... So be careful. It will always be more important to act pretty than to actually be pretty.
What I've learned from the plastic surgerons office if you so choose to make this decsion:
  • Go with silicone vs saline it's worth the extra money
  • definatley be proportionate to your body size, be tasteful
  • Anytime you are dealing with invasivie procedures and the body this is not the time to go with the cheapest. Find the best surgeon you can afford.
  • Get some refferals, and check out your surgeon, he works for you.

So there you go Jess a post on breat augmentation.

4 comments:

Jessica O. said...

I don't remember the conversation. I remember telling you to write a blog about the question at the pool but I don't remember the whole conversation. I guess thanks for the funny blog.

Heather said...

Kim, I love it! I love you!

Jer + Lu said...

Well said. Now let's go get us some new boobs!!

Turpin Times said...

How funny. My friend just had this done. It's sort of a funny story actually - I'll have to tell you about it sometime.