Thursday, April 29, 2010

Musings




"Let your taxes go to the dogs and cats." I found some comedy in this. I'm wondering how many people actually give their refunds to the humane society. Below that, it said "no more homeless pets." At one point in my life I considered myself an animal lover. I even wanted to be a vet. But I guess for me, the homeless pets don't hit the radar; not when you hear about genocide, boy soliders who are forced to see and do awful things. Homeless people especially children. Illiteracy rates in our own country(14%), AIDS being rampant in Africa.
Not that I'm heartless, I'm not. A few months back I was in Shiprock New Mexico, lovely place. We had stopped at McDonalds for lunch. There were tons of stray dogs. I felt sad for them cause they were so skinny. So I gave them my beef jerky and then we left I felt bad I didn't remember to bring our scraps. I am also the person giving the guys outside temple square money. So it's not that I don't care, I just feel there are probably better uses for the money. That being said, I'm sure it is also true of giving money to beggars.

Anyhow back to my bus billboard, as I sat in my car wondering who actually allocates there money to this cause, a lady with lap dog drives past. You know the ones with sweaters and stuff. I thought,I guess that's who. To each his own.
--Post From My iPhone

3 comments:

Heather said...

There are some serious animal lovers out there. It's a passion I don't quite understand.

Jessica O. said...

I don't really love animals like that either but Wade's family does. Maybe they think some of the animals are nicer than some of the people? I also felt sorry for all the dogs in New Mexico they were all over the entire state. I was hoping they could do some spade/neutering around those parts. I also think it is o.k. if you let your taxes go to yourself. They took most of it anyway and if you were fortunate enough to get something back then by all means KEEP IT!

Heather said...

Kim, I love reading your posts! My taxes will not be going to thie organization either! Don't love animals that much! I'm with Jessica...if you are lucky enough to get some back, Keep it!