Monday, February 22, 2010

The Morning 5


So I must give credit to Nicole(my oldest sister), for the development of the morning five. It is a great way to get your day going for yourself and kids especially if you are a slow starter. I have always been a bit slow to get going in the morning. For as long as I can remember I've had a difficult time waking up. A few have even accused me of being grumpy, I'm not buying it though. I probably would be a great coffee drinker, too bad we'll never know. Without further ado here is the morning five I try and do with my kids:
  1. Get Dressed
  2. Eat Breakfast
  3. Say prayers
  4. Brush teeth
  5. Make Bed

The list has no particular order we just try and have it done while it is still considered morning hours and I think it sets a good tone for the day. Now the real test for all things in my life is the consistency part, wish us luck cause we need all we can get.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I am terrible at #3 & 5. I made my bed every day last week but I didn't say my morning prayers once. I have a long way to go.

Heather said...

I try to say morning prayers before I get out of bed, otherwise you never know what will happen to interrupt the rhythm. Sometimes those 5 things seem so daunting in the morning!

Heather said...

Those are great! I think I'm really good at doing 4 of the 5 with Cooper before he leaves for school. But, as for the rest of us, it's kind of a free for all! I'm going to try to get better at these with Landon! #3 we are not good at. We always say night prayers together, but not morning! Thanks...we'll work on that!

Jessica said...

Great idea!!