
Jeremy and Lexie

Jeremy and Anna

Jeremy and Andrew
I've been thinking about gratitude and how I really need to have more of it in my life. Awhile back I really felt I was doing good in this area, but lately my focus has been in the wrong area. Time for a shift. I have been blessed with so much and today being Jeremy's birthday I wanted to tell why it is I am grateful for him.
Jeremy is very passionate. While dating him this was something I was attracted to. While I still recognize it as a strength, it sometimes makes me nutty. Sorry Dear, I am working on it. I love your passion. It is great that when you like something you immerse yourself in it and become very knowledgeable about it.
I love Jeremy for the how hard he works. He gets up at a hideous hour most mornings to be at work. Me, not being a morning person, am amazed he is able to drag himself out of bed. I would be pushing snooze over and over and he just gets up. I am also grateful he goes to work, does so willingly and genuinely enjoys his job. I complain too much about mine, and it probably makes him nuts. (I am grateful for my job and my skill set that allows me to be employable, and easily. It is just time to find the right fit.)
Jeremy is very smart and I think he has a photographic memory. He remembers everything he reads. He reads lots of news and magazines and if it were not for him I would not know what was going on in the world.
Jeremy told me he wanted some socks for his birthday. He was very particular in the socks he wanted. They couldn't be too high or too low. A cotton synthetic blend, but not to much synthetic fabric. I was finally like why don't you pick them and I will wrap them up. So when he got them another of his good qualities I could learn from: the bargain shopper. Not to say I can't find a good deal, but not like Jeremy. I'm not as cognisant of the price as I maybe should be. He got eight pair of socks for $1.40. He had a coupon to Kohl's and they were on sale. I told him he should get into the coupon scene. People save lots of money doing this and I am trying to learn, but if Jeremy took it on he would be like the COUPON MOM who was on Oprah.
Jeremy is a fantastic father and in this area we are able to balance each other out. When he kids are pushing me over the edge he is the voice of reason and vice versa. He is great to get down on the ground and play with them.
I really love cooking with the J-dog. He really got into the Food Network a few years ago and cooking is something we enjoy doing together. Some of the best things that have improved my cooking came from his suggestions ie kosher salt, a must for any kitchen. Adding a dash of salt to fudge as well as hot fudge sauce, it really brings out the flavor.
I am so grateful to have a good husband great father for my children, someone who knows what is important and has a testimony of the gospel. Happy Birthday Jeremy, I love you. I hope you have a great day! Thanks for all you do.
PS Does everyone have trouble manipulating photos in blogger or is it just me?
5 comments:
Kim, thank you for putting into words some of the great attributes Jeremy has as a husbnd and as a father. I've seen him grow from a somewhat clumsy boy to a kind and loving young man who loves his family. There is alot to Jeremy we don't always see at first glance. He'll surprise us by doing something out of the ordinary(moving his family to Texas)to being up at a time of day most of us only hear of. We know what he does for his family is the most important work he is involved in, eternal work. Jeremy, mom and I wish you a very Happy Birthday. We're geatfull for you and your beautifull family.
Jeremy is a great person and I'm happy he is in our family. I hope he becomes passionate about coupons and he can teach me. I follow the Costco mailer and also the grocery store mailers but the only thing I really know about is soda! I could use some help. Jeremy Happy Birthday! We love you and miss you and your family. I'm proud of your hard work! We hope to see you sooner than later but know your doing what is best! I am really struggling with the new blogger.
What a great post.
Sweet pictures, sweet post, Kimma! I remember his passionate courting days at Windsor Park...scaling up the balcony...notes on the beautiful granny car...
Happy Birthday, Jeremy. I hope your day was great and you and Kim do something fun TOGETHER. We love you and miss all of you so much. BE GOOD!
Post a Comment