Saturday, September 12, 2009

Missing Home!

my house Dec 2006 dosen't she look great in Chritmas lights
I love lists so I thought I'd write one of all I am missing at home. I know I need to embrace where I am, but just for today I am going to miss home. It is rainy and dreary a movie day at my house, and so I am going to list what I miss about home:
  1. The Cleverly's. They are my amazing neighbors whom we love. I miss them. Borrowing ingredients, talking with Meghan, making cards at Shauna's house. It is the type of home which embodies the word HOME. You can feel the love, life, work, all that takes place there. It is were the neighbor kids gather, and I think everyone thinks Shauna is there best friend because she is just that type of person. Everyone loves her and she seems to love everyone, what a gift. So I miss the Cleverly's.
  2. I miss the seasons, I find myself wondering about the leaves changing colors. I picture the mountains, driving up Oak lane the street I grew up on. I can feel the crispness in the air, and can picture my mother busy at work picking peaches, what she was doing when she called this morning. If I only worked as hard as my mother. I miss my house and yard. For some reason, I guess cause this isn't my house the yard here is just not mine. I miss digging in the soil and making my yard beautiful. I really have missed that this summer.
  3. My big Garage with the painted floor. It is a nice garage.
  4. I miss the park three houses away from my house. I could see it from the deck and the kids loved playing there. I just really want to come back. I know I just left and we won't be coming back right away but like I said for today I'm wishing I was there.
  5. My old job. I complained plenty about it, part of that is health care. If I could only go back to it now. The physicians were excellent, they did a good job and manged there patients well. I miss the people I worked with, and miss feeling like a valued member of the team. When I make it back I won't take that for granted ever again, or if I find it here. I'm looking.
  6. Seeing my family on a regular basis. It makes me a little sad when I call and they are all together for a birthday or Sunday dinner or something.
  7. Jeremy misses the hills to bike on.
  8. The dry air. Humidity is rough. Well I am going to pay attention to my kids, get lost in a book and enjoy the rest of the day I hope all ya'll do the same!

6 comments:

Natty said...

Kimmy, I miss you here too! I hope you found a good book to get lost in. Sorry your lame babysitter flaked out on you too. I know you will be back here sooner or later... you owe me a run when you move home. Your house does look great in Christmas lights!

Heather said...

Come back soon. But in the meantime, I'm looking for great flight deals. And in the rest of the meantime, enjoy your time in Texas. It won't be there for the taking forever.

Andrea S. said...

I know how you feel! I'm trying to make the best of our current situation, but there's just something about "home". I hope you adjust and don't miss it all the time.

Heather said...

Kim, I miss you! I miss family! I know I am home, but my family is not and I miss that! I think I can relate a little! There are lots of times I wish my family was all "home"! Love you!

Maranda said...

We sure miss you around here too! Hang in there...family and friends are always just a phone call away. I hope you come back eventually:)

Jerry said...

Kimberly you and Jeremy are learning some great lessons in Texas and all of that will make home so much better. I think it is kind of fun for you to be brave enough to do something so bold. Learn all that you can and keep reading your scriptures. I think you are making your family strong by being in Texas. I miss you all so much I miss Jeremy loving Sunday dinner and French Silk Pie. I feel like crying when I see the kids but it will be okay. Love, MOM