Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kindergarten!


So I'm not sure what to make of the first week of school thus far. Each afternoon when I've picked Andrew up and asked what did you learn, the responses have been as follows:
Monday: "I learned about not hitting."
Tuesday: "learned about not hitting, pushing, and sharing."
Wednesday: "learned about telling the truth."
I'm wondering if this is what all the kindergartners report or just the ones who are having trouble with these concepts. I'm hoping all come home with such reports. He has all day kindergarten so it is going to be a big adjustment. I'm wondering what they do all day, how he is behaving, how much the are indoctrinating him with TEXAS, and the likes. He was super excited about the first day but a little less the following two days. When I asked him if he wanted to wait a year before starting kindergarten he still reported no. I'm hoping Mrs Pemberton is nice and patient, and that Andrew will be able to sit still for longer than 2 minutes. Life's an adventure, things are always changing and I'm not sure what to make of having a school aged child! I shed a few tears of sadness and also a few for Joy. My house been quieter, and cleaner. I hope he likes it, makes friends and learns lots. Andrew I hope you have a great year, I love you!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh for the love of all day kindergarten. I am all for it. Luke starts this year and can't wait. I am going to have just my 2 little girls home for most of the day- it will be a strange thing but looking forward to some peace and quiet and getting projects done I have wanted to do for ages. hope you are doing well.

Jessica O. said...

Andrew will be just fine. It is always the Mom you have to worry about. Kids adapt! He is a great boy and I love him. I miss you too.

Cheri said...

KIM!!! I can't believe Andrew is in Kindergarten. He is so cute and Im sure he will be fine. I love the daily reports.. they made me giggle.

Maranda said...

Isn't it crazy when they go to school all the different emotions you feel?

BTW your hair looks great!

Heather said...

I send Cooper out the door on Monday, I can't believe we are at this stage in our lives...who would have ever thought. Andrew will do just fine-I will pray, like you, that his teacher is patient and kind! I think all kindergarten kids need that. I miss you guys! I wish I could come visit and see where you're at!

Linda said...

Kindergarten will be so good for Andrew!
He will adapt and adjust to the structure.
His daily report of what he is learning is a bit interesting?!

Jessica said...

Wow! They grow up sooo fast! He is adorable!! Good luck buddy!

Heather said...

Andrew is handsome.
Your hair is really cute. It suits you.
I hope Andrew's reports get better and better. He is a sweetheart.

Natty said...

Cute hair, Berla! Andrew will do great as time goes on and he gets into the routine of school.

Jer + Lu said...

Look at your sassy hair! So cute. It think it's way sad to see our kids be so independent! Good for them though. Sucha cute boy :)