
These is my Words by, Nancy Turner. I loved this book. It is a about Sarah Prine and her experience in the Arizona territory. It seemed like this was a story true to the times (late 1800's). I loved Sarah she had girl power in her own era. She was a strong women, in tough country. She worked hard and did what she had to to survive. The romance in this book reminded me of Scarlett and Rhett from Gone With the Wind, also a wonderful book; if you haven't read it you should. Life is short, so you have to pick up a book every once in awhile. I love reading as it opens all sort of worlds. Also, it has kept me from being crazy homesick, but the crazy homesick is settling in about now.
I started my new job today. People were nice, but I'm not looking forward to learning a new system. I knew the old one so well. It was comfy like a good broken in pair of jeans. I knew what to expect, I knew the physicians and I knew the job. I'm not on labor and delivery here, I'm in the ICU of a very small hospital. I miss the new babies, the excitement of new life in the room, seeing families at their best, what a cool thing to be a part of. Well enough whining the book was about a tough women, so that is what I'll have to be: TOUGH. Sometimes though, don't you just want to not be tough, not do what you gotta do? Here is to the power of women like Sarah Prine, I'll pull up my big girl britches as, Collen Proctor says, and dig in. Read the book, I don't think it will disappoint.
6 comments:
I loved that book and Gone With The Wind is one of my favorite movies!! You are awesome! I miss you
I loved this book. I especially loved it when she won the shooting contest. She was awesome. My goal in life is to remember my grandmas example and always do what I am suppose to do.
Hang in there Kimma. Don't give up yet! Loved this book too.
I also loved this book. It was one I never wanted to end.
I too loved this book. Stay strong!
Sounds like a good read...I'll have to add it to my cue. Thanks for the review:)
Post a Comment