
Yesterday, early evening my Dad called to tell us there were tornado warnings for Dallas, Texas as well as golf ball sized hail. I had been planning on going on a short run. Jeremy and I checked on the weather, Tornado warnings were north of Rockwall county. we looked outside and decided I better head out soon before it rained. I planned going out and back on the John King (just a quiet road out to the main highways) this way if Jeremy needed to come get me he would know where I was.
In the past I have been a runner, been fit and usually tried to exercise each day. For longer than I care to admit I have gotten away from this good habit. I decided I needed to get back into it. Before I left I ate a "chocolate enrobed" camel macadamia nut. Delicious. Having been a runner in the past I knew this was a stupid idea. But, if you haven't tried this delicious Kirkland treat, you would have no idea of the draw. At the same time my sisters and Mom have given up treats I think I have been eating my share for all four of us. Different blog all together. Back to my running, I felt pretty good for being an out of shape gal, easing my way back into the exercise world. I got to my turn around point did a little stretching and started back. The storm hadn't started yet, but there was some thunder and lightening and I kept thinking of the line in Benjamen Button, "you know, I've been struck by lightening seven times." Then the "chocolate enrobed" goody struck me. My guts did not feel very good. I walked for a few minutes and then started jogging. Then I heard a curious siren, you know like the ones warning for air raids. I knew then, it was a tornado warning, and I got scared; I mean really scared. For a girl who hasn't run much in the past several years, I took off. I kept watching the clouds to the west of me and I have never seen clouds moving so quickly. My stomach hurt but I was running as quick as I could for home. About a block before I would turn into my neighborhood Jeremy was there to pick me up. No sooner had I got in the car and the rain started followed shortly by the wind. We were soaked just from the run from the driveway into the house, it was coming down. I guess the tornado did touch down in a place called Flower Mound, which is about 50 miles northwest of Rockwall. Nothing like a little Tornado warning sounding to ease you back into your exercise program. Wish me luck, as I am supposed to run a marathon this year, at a pretty quick pace. We'll see if it happens. Also I am going to get a phone call and be in trouble with my dad because of this post, but I had to share. Nicole the competition is on, a post a day, I bet I can do it, CAN YOU?
12 comments:
super scary!! I guess it's a good way for you to work on your speed training.. haha.
What a day to decide to start running again. I love all your stories. I feel such kinship knowing that weird things happen to other people. We are like "bad luck" kindred sisters.
You are a silly girl! I'm glad you have speed on your side. I love you!
What an experience! I love it when you blog everyday! I'll be checking in!
Wow! My heart is racing as I'm reading! Glad you're okay.
Where did this picture come from? Please tell me you did not take it. Remember to use your common sense. It is a blessing to have some. I can post everyday if you can.
How scary! Good for you doing a marathon! I recently have started running and have found It is a great release and makes me feel so so good about myself.
I love that you are going to post everyday. I just love to read your blog. Maybe one day I can try to post everyday...or at least once a month...teehee:)
Kim I want to go running on that road with you when I come visit! I wish I could've been there too...it sounds like a great adventure. I'm glad you got inside before the storm hit. Love you.
I don't know if your Dad has read this post yet. He will tell you that you were foolish. I am excited to come and see you. July 18th. Love, MOM
kim i want to be in a competition with you not to see who can run the fastest from a tornado but who can run everyday! i signed up for a half in august! We miss you be safe
I hope you don't loose on the first day.
Kimma..I am behind in reading. I just saw these last couple of posts. May I mention, that I LOVE the carmel enrobed chocolate macademia clusters that Kirkland Signature so kindly made available. Unfortunately for my figure, nobody else in the house likes them!
Post a Comment