Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Meal Time

Andrew October 2008 eating a PBJ Sandwich
As a mother, meal time is possibly the worst time of the day. It seems just as you have finished or mostly finished cleaning up from the previous meal it is time to start the whole process again. Like the washer, the dishwasher could be continuously running in homes with little ones. I know it is the time and season and all to soon the season will pass and I will miss it, even long for it. This being said there are some days I just wish we didn't have to eat. Another point along these lines, if you fix a delicious well balanced meal they won't touch it. Peanut butter and Jelly, or a nasty hot dog, they will gobble that up. I know it is just kids and this is the way it is, but sometimes it is all a bit tiring. Well the dinner bell is ringing so I'll be off.
p.s. The picture really says it all. I mean really who gets that messy eating peanut butter and jelly? In the 8 months since the picture was taken the table manners have not improved, not for lack of trying.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Kim
You will miss those crazy messy times with your kids in a few years.
And, yes the years certainly do fly by fast and then you will be the grandma watching and observing your kids doing the same thing you are "BLESSED" to do now!
The photo of Andrew makes me want to give him a big hug (mess and all). He loves life, every bit of it!!

Heather said...

Monday morning James and I had breakfast, then it was off for a bath and a nap. I came back downstairs for lunch, and the breakfast dishes were still there. It's true, sometimes it feels like that is all that happens in a day!

Nicole said...

Agreed!

Jessica O. said...

He is a little piggy. I miss him. Enjoy!