
This is Jeremy doing the Snowbird hill climb a few years back. Jeremy loves his bike; he is on top of the world when he is biking. I think it is important to have things in our life that make us feel this way, and to pursue worthy passions. I am sometimes jealous of the time it takes up and the enthusiasm he has for it. I wish I felt like that about something.
Since coming to Texas he has found his mother ship, the Rockwall cycling group and the Tuesday night criterium races. This past week he took 3rd in his flight and the week before he took first. He has really been enjoying this and I am glad he is passionate about it. It keeps him healthy, happy, and more pleasant to live with.
Since coming to Texas he has found his mother ship, the Rockwall cycling group and the Tuesday night criterium races. This past week he took 3rd in his flight and the week before he took first. He has really been enjoying this and I am glad he is passionate about it. It keeps him healthy, happy, and more pleasant to live with.
There are many things I enjoy doing, and I think over time our passions change, come and go and sometimes reemerge. I think having a hobby you love keeps you young, and who doesn't want that. Some things I love: my kids, photography, sleeping, reading, gardening. I'm hoping to get back into running for the health benefits and exercise endorphins and here is something new I have been wanting to try for awhile:
KITE BOARDING

Kite boarding! Doesn't it look fun. They have lake here were a fair amount of kite boarding is done. I'm hoping to have the opportunity to try it this summer. Congratulations Jeremy on your bike races, and thanks for your example of finding and pursing a passion. This is something I have always admired about my husband, when he loves something he really loves it. Here is to having a passion and really LIVING life!
10 comments:
I can totally see you kite boarding! You are awesome!
Very cool shot of Jeremy. Kite boarding makes me nervous. Your background is very cute. Miss you. I saw Clytie today and it made me miss you more and I'm not sure why...?
I am so happy that Jeremy is a good exerciser. It makes everything better. I hope some of that rubs off on all of us. Love, MOM
Ha, my husband is super jealous. He LOVES to bike. That and X-box are his passions! Unfortunately, since moving to Mexico City, most of his biking has been done on his trainer in the laundry room. Things are too crazy down here to ride on the roads! Have fun kite boarding. That looks WAY to scary for me!
That is cool about Jeremy. You should try biking with him sometime. Then you could come back to Utah every June to do the Little Red Riding Hood 100 mi bike race with all your girlie friends from work:) Laura and I did it together this year and it was a lot of fun...and painful.
Jeremy is indeed passionate. I don't know anyone else on the mission that could read the dictionary while riding the bike. Following Elder Ward on the bike from chant de zone to DMV meeting was a highlight of my day. You should ask him if he remembers the time that Myers nearly got taken out by the guy getting out of his car. It was awesome.
Your post are too good. Mine not so much. Maybe I should quit our game. I am a bit jealous of the passion thing too. It really is good to have something you love to do.
Hey it's Melissa Nuttall. I just have to tell you that I LOVE your blog! You're awesome! Everything about you.
i need to be more passionate too! I think I too have lost my passion! I used to do lots more things! Being a mom takes up a lot of time! I love being a mom but i just need to figure out how to add the passion and have it being balanced! Matt too is very passionate about exercise (maybe a little too passionate) I wish he felt the same about me as he does about his exercise! I love your post so great!
I commented on this a long time ago and I don't know where it is. I might have to copy this post. Great job Kim. Jeremy thanks for inspiring us all a little to remember our passions and make time for them.
Post a Comment