Thursday, February 5, 2009

How to make a ....

MEAN baked potato. I mentioned to a friend I was going to write this blog, and she looked at me with this look and said, "Turn on the oven and put it in?" As if a good baked potato took zero skill at all. Try this next time, Joc, and see if you notice a difference.

  1. Preheat oven to 325-350 somewhere in this range
  2. Pick out your spuds and wash
  3. Then after poking the potatoes with the tines of a fork, baste potatoes with extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with Kosher salt. This salt just has bigger flakes and really is a requirement for every kitchen.





4. Then bake in your oven, at a lower temperature than you are traditionally use to. You want to bake your potatoes at a lower temp for a longer length of time, 90 min., and you get a deliciously fluffy airy baked potato.

5. Top with your favorites and enjoy! I like some variety of cheese, pepper jack, cheddar, or cottage. Salt and pepper and enjoy.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I will try because I don't think I make very good baked potatoes.

Jocelyn said...

Ok Kim....I will try this tonight and see if there is a real difference

Jen said...

Thanks for the recipe, we do the same thing but with butter. Much more fatten but the same concept. The outside gets so crisp and delicious.

Natty said...

These sound delicious. I had some very similar at my neighbor's the other night, but their potatoes were little. They are called fingerlings and she got them at Costco. Very good. I suddenly am craving potatoes...

Jessica O. said...

Maybe I can become a fan of the "baked" potato. It sounds better

Jessica said...

yummy I will try this one! I really want to get together with you- what you doing thurs?