Saturday, January 24, 2009

Motherhood defined


Disclaimer this post is an outlet tonight, so if your not in the mood to read some venting skip on by.
Mother:^- a nurse, comforter, laundress, seamstress( for some), designer, chef, maid, chauffeur, mediator, sheriff, CEO, firefighter.
Tonight I'm feeling exhausted, in part from the different demands on time, and in part from the demands of being a mother. As I look around, every room of my house is, well, a disaster. Yesterday I cleaned my bathroom, you would never know it with the toothpaste smeared everywhere, whatever it is that is smeared all over my mirror. I swept the floor earlier today and then while completing some chore in another area of the house Andrew opened a box of cereal and scattered a bunch all over the floor. Somedays I think wow I can hardly keep up, and just feel a little discouraged, then when I look at it from another perspective, I grateful to my Heavenly Father for watching over my home. As I was bathing Anna and Lexie for the second time today, ie Lexie pooped her pants, and Anna is covered in sticky syrup I walked into the kitchen to find Andrew holding an oven mitt with a large four inch flame. I had some meatloaf in the oven and he decided to touch the orange heating element with the oven mitt. I wanted a picture of him with the flame but you know for safety purposes we didn't do that. Even when we feel possibly forgotten by the Lord, he is always watching out for us. I think that Andrew could have been hurt, or the house could have started on fire, or any number of things and know my Heavenly Father is looking out for us. It made me laugh but also left me feeling a little drained, you know why try to keep up with the mess because well with the busy body my boy is, what is the point? All I can say is good thing he is as cute as he is. So to all the mothers out there keep up the good work of being all the things required of you and good luck with the balancing act of well Motherhood.

14 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh that boy! I am glad that he is safe. Things will start getting a bit easier in another year. Keep up the good work. You are doing great!

Sarah said...

Oh Kim . . . I am right there with ya. Yesterday was a very unproductive day as far as my house looks BUT spent most of it cleaning. So frusturating with little ones. I keep reminding myself that in years to come it really won't' matter. Glad little Andrew didn;t get hurt. What a cute boy. Hang in there. It does get easier as you send them one by one to school.

Andria said...

Phew! That kid of yours is a maniac! So much for my ripped up book! You're doing a good job. It's hard, and you have THREE little ones! I am ready for another, but then I look around the house and think, "what am I thinking? I can't even handle two!" Oh well, tomorrow is another day! I guess I'll just close my eyes to the mess and give them loves and kisses!

Natty said...

Berla you are doing a great job. Don't get discouraged, you will look back on these times as some of your dearest (that's what we all hope, right?). I'm glad you're keeping a good perspective on things and thank goodness Andrew wasn't burned. Your kiddos are so lucky to have you as their momma! Love you tons and tons of beans.

Turpin Times said...

Aahh! Isn't motherhood wonderful. I admire what you are doing, raising three young children. You are a good Mom. I'm glad Andrew is okay. I like the picture.

Jocelyn said...

Kim....I have no idea how you keep up with all the craziness....Keep fighting the Good Fight Warrior Mom. Luckly you have adorable kids as the reward. Love Ya

Jessica O. said...

He is a stinker pot!!! I'm so glad he is o.k. That is the payback for trying to cook a meal and have your children not covered in feces. You're a great mom and Heavenly Father does look out for you and your family. Also you just keep trying and know that things will get easier. I love you and your little stinkers.

Heather said...

Kimma, you are doing a great job. I don't know how you do it. Your children are lucky to have you as their mother.

Heather said...

Kim..I'm thinking pictures of James around his birthday in April/May..we'll discuss!

Jessica said...

Whoa! I will count my blessings after hearing about your day! Well he sure did make a memory didn't he?!
We still need to get together I will give you a call...hang in there!

Mariel said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog. Nice to meet you! You have a lovely family and take great pictures!

Linda said...

WOW!!
Andrew is always thinking of new things to experience and try?! You definitely were being watched over - I am glad that Andrew was not hurt! Did he even act scared or shaken up?
You are a terrific mom! Don't worry about the house, you will be able to clean it in about 20 years and then you will miss the messes.
Give the kids extra hugs and kisses from Grandma Linda & Grandpa Rory!! We love your darling family!

Rexburg Sorensens said...

Kim,
when you talk about your son Andrew it reminds me of my son hayden. Always up to something. Can't turn your back on him for two seconds, etc.
On another note, sounds like you are up for the marathon challenge! Is Jeremy game? Or is he going to let his wife show him up? I guess we'll see.

We really need to stop by and say Hello one of these days when we are heading down to Utah. If you want to email me your address and phone # and we can call next time we head that way.
sor02006@gmail.com
It would be fun to catch up.
-AS

Sarah said...

Thanks for being real. People like you are so refreshing.