Friday, August 29, 2008

A Cry For Help

Warning this may contain some four letter words. To be frank sometimes motherhood sucks. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade it for the world or even the 72 million power ball lottery jackpot, but this morning has been a doozy and I just have to laugh and thought you all might enjoy a laugh too.
A little background. Anna is now at the phase where she will no longer eat baby food, but has no teeth so I cut and mash everything up real small and she gums it down. She is eating real food, so it stand to reason she now has real poop and no longer the less disgusting version known as baby poop. Also with the real food comes feeding herself, taking everything you put in her mouth out to look at it. So meal time is one big fat mess and small headache for me which we have the pleasure of doing 3 times per day. I promise it feels like more. These kids are always 1-2 messes ahead of me.
So it is a regular morning, other than a later start than usual. We have breakfast, and Anna is just covered because of the in and out of mouth routine discussed earlier. Her jammies have oatmeal mashed all over them, and of course I'm not letting her feed herself oatmeal, so I don't know how it is everywhere it just is. So she heads straight to the tub, in which I rinse out the jammies, rinse the tub out and start the bath. Well I think I'll let her play and get Lexie's hair done. So Anna starts to stand up and I put her back down and start back with the hair. We do this a few times, and then the next time, oh oh poop everywhere. "Lexie grab me the wipes," I frantically say, as I grab Anna out make sure there is no poop on her and set her down and head for the cleaning supplies. In the thirty seconds I am gone Anna poops again on the floor and has it all over her little body. So we head to my shower get her cleaned up diapered and in bed so I can now get the other poop mess cleaned up. Jen this is why I love the pine sol. As over powering as the scent may be, I may even have to crack a few windows after cleaning, it is by far better than the disgusting poop smell now all over the bathroom. Plus it helps suppress the gag reflex. Also what is kids fascination with the poop. "Andrew, Lexie, stay out of there. There is poop everywhere. NO don't go in there." Andrew then says,"Is there chocolate chips on it?" sick dog , "No there are no chocolate chips, just poop."

Well the poop is all cleaned up and I'm ready for the next mess. So for a few minutes they make me nuts and I think what a thankless job this is. Then the mess passes, and I realize how lucky I am to have three great darling children, so full of personality and curiosity, and a husband who loves me, puts up with me and is great with our kids. The worse part is the after smells. Do you get these? Like you've washed your hands a hundred times, showered, but you still keep getting wiffs, and searching your person for evidence of the smell. I guess it is like phantom pains, just phantom smells (sorry I just got a wiff.)As my Dad mentioned in my previous post about poop, shit happens!

8 comments:

Kelly Nielson said...

Kim I love your blog. You have a talent for writing. Every post cracks me up! You need to write a book!

Jen said...

That is a hilarious story. I totally agree with Jerry, Shit definitely happens. I finally understand the Pine Sol now. If I ever have kids I will be sure to keep some on hand, especially for the vomit.

Linda said...

Don't you just love all the memories you are making with your darling children!!
Motherhood memories are the best!! The funny thing is all mothers relate and could share a similar experience!
The amazing thing is you can only tolerate these types of blessings with your own children and/or grandchidren and you really do get the big "gag" reflex otherwise?!
Lots of love to you all . . .
Grandma Linda

Jessica O. said...

Now you know how I feel about the smells. I'm telling you I must have phantom smells of all sorts of things all of the time. Sorry you had a poo day.

Turpin Times said...

I have a poop story too - I think every Mom does.

Jerry said...

Good job Kim. Just think everyone can raelate to what you say. It is all worth it. Anna is a doll.Remember the time we went to pineview and Michael did his duty in the back of the bronco. Its funny 20 years later but it stunk then.

Melanie said...

Oh wow girlie. I do miss working with you. How's about picking up a few nights!!!

Andria said...

That is hilarious! I just finished cleaning up a kiddie pool-pooping issue. It was so fun! Your kids are funny! How much are you working? is everything going ok? You can still come join me down here you know!