Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Making Memories

Last night there was an awesome lightening show. I watched it as much as I could while driving home from work. I wanted to try and take a picture of lightening, a serious undertaking. So by the time I got home I had myself all jazzed up about capturing a picture of the lightening. Well the battery on my camera was dead. I quickly put it in the charger and Jeremy and I watched the show for a minute or two, and then we got Andrew and Lexie. Crazy I know to wake sleeping children to watch lightening but I'm glad we did. Andrew wasn't too interested, but Lexie she was a doll. Andrew headed back in to go to sleep and Lexie and I ran around the block in the rain. Of course only after she put her swimsuit on at her insistence. It was so fun and something I will always remember. And I did get one picture of the lightening! I was so excited. Mind you it is nothing great, but It is the first time I've tried that so I was excited to get something, but I can't get it off my camera cause it wasn't in JPEG so now I have to figure how to download my raw picture, which means I'll need to find the right software, and in my model of organization which I call the basement, I don't know if I will be able to recover it. Wish me luck. I must run I think Andrew has brought the tricycle inside and is riding around the house. When I figure out how to get the picture off my camera I'll add it to the post. I 'm sure no one else cares, but I was giddy. The run in the rain made me feel alive.

6 comments:

Jerry said...

Kim I saw the lighting. I love thunder and lighting. Nature is awesome. keep making those memories. They are the only things that last. I love you and the kids

Heather said...

I think you are still giddy! I can feel it in your posting.
I was holding James last night during the thundering and lightening and pounding rain. I was secretly thinking "I wish I didn't need to be up in a few hours so I could enjoy this storm!"
You are a veteran at running in the rain!

Jessica O. said...

It was wild. I'm not really a scardy cat but it kind of makes me nervous.

Nicole said...

That night I had a dream that Jessica's house caught fire. (It wasn't really her house though.) I think the dream came about because the little gray house caught fire and because of the bright lightning.

Gooches said...

your pics are beautiful! i am impressed! you have sexy hair and mad camera skills! do you call anna annie? i love the name annie! so cute!

Jocelyn said...

I love that you ran around the block in the rain with Lexie....looks like we will not be the end of the moongoddesses....we will have to teach Lexie and Anna the posing soon. :)