Tuesday, April 8, 2008

So Precious

Is there anything more precious than sleeping children? They are so beautiful on so many levels. First, they have such a peaceful quiet look about them, they seem so close to God. Second, the are Quiet and Still, something we don't have a lot of around the Ward house.

Like the other morning, in the space of about 15 minutes, Andrew had opened a cake mix on the kitchen floor, got out the brown sugar, tried to get into the vitamins, and successfully opened Lexie's antibiotic and given himself a dose with a syringe. You may wonder where I was when all this was occurring, feeding Anna. I certainly should have fed her in the other room.

Watching my babies sleep is something I love to do, because they are so peaceful. It is the last thing I do before I go to bed. I'm sure you'll all agree that there is nothing more beautiful than a sleeping child.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I have to say that blogging has made me observe my sleeping kids more frequently. Having a child who is a very light sleeper has made it so that if he is sleeping you never do anything that might disturb him. I do think it is one of the treats of motherhood.

Jessica O. said...

I love sleeping boys. Lately Daniel has not been falling asleep any to early. He finally crashes about 10 minutes before I go to bed. It is hard to believe they can be so still.

Jer + Lu said...

Also my favorite time of day :)